Schedule & Standings
|No Schedule Posted|
Hi everyone, hope you have all been well during these strange times.
Unfortunately, only 3 teams wanted to return to Friday night mixed curling, as such there is no Rockhounds league this year.
Information below is from Laura Webster.
“Most of the discussion was regarding the waiver that’s going out this year and how to deal with the personal belongings that are brought into the arena. I was surprised to hear that Juan de Fuca curling has proposed a curling facility to Langford City and they were interested in looking further into it! I told the board that we don’t have enough teams to run a league this year. The Rebels said they only had room for one team and a team had already reached out to them. Other mixed leagues that are looking for teams are Sunday Funday, Casanova 50+, CFB and the Doubles league”.
The information below is from Travis Shaw of Thursday night mixed.
Curling will take place with guidelines for us to follow:
1. Come Ready to play. Please do not have personal belongings laying on the back boards. We would like to keep that area open as much as possible to allow people to move around
2. 4 curlers per team is allowed. Only one sweeper per shot. All player's to stay to the right side of the ice when not curling to keep everyone socially distanced.
3. Potential staggered start times to games to avoid everyone in the common area at once.
4. No Lounge, if you would like to go for a drink after curling, I would suggest that you make a plan to meet the team at a pub/restaurant afterwards
5. No Handshakes or coin flips. Sanitize the rocks at the beginning of each game.
6. Spares will need to be registered. This must be followed.
7. Sign in sheet when you arrive at the arena. You can potentially sign in your whole team, I will make this as simple as possible, but we want to be able to be traceable if we have to.
8. No Bonspiels this year so league curling should flow each week without interruptions.
9. Reminder that we are all in this together. If something doesn't feel right to you, please feel free to bring it up calmly. Be respectful to everyone else's concerns, remembering that people feel the way they feel through these challenging times. What doesn't concern one of us, may concern another so it is important that we communicate these things within reason so we all can enjoy ourselves out there.
Joanne Boomer, Secretary
Friday Night Rockhounds Curling
|No League Events Posted|
|Curling Clinic Open House||September 20, 2020|
|Petersen 55+ Open||October 13-16, 2020|
|Optimist Junior Cash-Spiel||November 13-15, 2020|
|White Ensign Mixed Bonspiel||February 10-14, 2021|
|46th Annual Logspiel||February 25-27, 2021|
|Youth Family Fun Day||February 28, 2021|
|Club Championship & AGM||March 14, 2021|
|Men's League Golf Tournament||April 17, 2021|
|No Photos Posted|
|No Champions Posted|
Check the Trophy Case at the Curling Club